Family friendly hotels
At Fowey Hall we put family life at the core of your luxury holiday: kids can eat bangers and mash, bounce on the trampoline, paint pictures and play on the Wii. Grown-ups can dine by candlelight, sip fine wines, soak up sea views and relax with spa treatments. Together, families can explore the gardens, get sand between their toes and enjoy leisurely meals while the dog snoozes by the fire. We never expect you to compromise on quality because you have children in tow.
Our excellent facilities inspire quality family time both indoors and out: zoom down the zip wire, make a splash in the pool and collect eggs from the chickens. But we understand that parents need time out to relax too. Our complimentary crèche facilities, baby-listening system and games rooms ensure that children of all ages are entertained and cared for, leaving adults to chill out in the spa, dine together, stroll in the gardens or sink into a sofa with a good book.
If you crave a lie in, our unique breakfast club is available on Sundays and selected days during school holidays. The children will be whisked away by our friendly nannies to collect eggs from the chickens, while you curl back up under the duvet with your partner, a coffee and the newspapers.
Here are just some of the things we do to make life easy with babies, toddlers and older children:
Baby friendly hotels create baby friendly holidays (and very happy parents). At Fowey Hall, we’ll take care of all the details for you.
- Childcare For each day of your stay, we offer up to two hours free childcare in our Ofsted-registered Four Bears Den. The den is suitable for very young children, with toys and baby facilities on hand.
- Baby listening Switch on the complimentary baby-listening system, relax and enjoy a sophisticated dinner – sipping fine wines, sampling Cornish cuisine and catching up on much-needed time as a couple. If your child wakes up or makes a noise, the listening panel at reception will immediately be alerted.
- Baby equipment We like your holiday to start before you’ve even left home, so we make packing easy. We’ll we liaise with you before you arrive to ensure that your room is equipped with everything you need, including cots and bottle warmers.
- Bottles and food We can heat bottles and bring fresh morning and evening milk to your room (free of charge). Our chef is also happy to provide puréed food from 7am to 10pm.
To take a look at our spacious double rooms and family suites, click here.
The perfect toddler friendly holiday does exist – all you need to do is find a thoroughly toddler friendly hotel. Well, you’re in luck…
- Crèche and children’s activities Our Ofsted-registered den is the perfect playground for toddlers. There are toys galore, art equipment, dressing up clothes and Syd the goldfish (who especially loves story-time).
- Children’s dining To make meal times easy, children’s meals are served all day. It’s up to you whether you eat dinner as a family or feed the children early and settle them into bed before enjoying a grown-up dinner. Children will love the party ambience of ‘High Tea’, served between 5pm and 6pm. Nannies are on hand so that parents can kick back from the mayhem and enjoy a gin and tonic. If you prefer to eat dinner as a family, we offer family dining in the Garden Room from 6pm.
- Outdoor play Teach your toddler about where their food comes from by feeding our chickens and collecting the eggs. Have a bounce on the giant trampoline, visit the bee hotel or head out to the beach armed with buckets and spades.
- Swimming pool Children are very welcome in our indoor pool, and we have equipment and toys for all ages. We also run special parent-toddler swim sessions from 10-10.30am every Tuesday (except school holidays).
- Babysitting If you’d like some precious couple time, we can organise a babysitter – often our own nannies. Please note that there is an additional charge for this service – contact our Reservations Team on 01726 833866 for more details.
- Toddler equipment We know that raising a toddler involves a lot of paraphernalia, which is why we’ll liaise with you before you arrive to be sure your room has everything you need, including bed guards and potties.
To view our family rooms and check availability, click here.
Find the right child friendly hotel and an unforgettable child friendly holiday suddenly seems so easy. At Fowey Hall, all your needs are taken care of.
- Children’s Den On every day of your stay, use up to two hours of free childcare in our Four Bears Den – suitable for children up to 8 years old. Here, as well as having access to a huge range of toys, they can take part in art activities, dressing up and storytelling. Older children can meet friends and play video games in the Blue Room, or watch the latest movies in the cinema room.
- Outdoor adventures As well as plenty of space to run wild in the grounds, there’s a giant trampoline and a zip wire for hours of fun. There are also wellies, fishing nets and buckets and spades to borrow for your beach adventures.
- Swimming Our 12-metre indoor pool is open to children from 9am to 7pm every day and is equipped with toys, armbands, floats and noodles to use. There are even poolside beanbags to flop out on for a rest, and a terrace and outdoor hot tub to enjoy on balmy days.
- Flexible mealtimes Children's meals are served all day, providing the option of early family dining. Come for ‘High Tea’ between 5pm and 6pm, or opt for family dining in the Garden Room from 6pm. Our special ‘Little Toads’ and ‘Big Toads’ menus contain fun and healthy options for smaller meals. For sophisticated little ones, we even offer children’s cocktails.
To find the perfect family room for you, click here.