Put down the phone and the digital devices and get out exploring in beautiful Cornwall this February Half Term. We have handpicked some great attractions near the hotel to check out during your break.
The Eden Project - Passport to the World; Five Continents in One Day
Ever fancied visiting far-flung continents to try your hand at new and exotic challenges? Visit the Eden Project this February half-term for the adventure of a lifetime, visiting five continents in one day…
Pick up your passport and collect stamps from all four corners of the globe – all in one day out in Cornwall.
Explore an Arctic winterscape, where you’ll come face to face with our magnificent polar bear friend.
Go tropical with a journey through the clouds on our wobbly Rainforest Bridge.
Dust off your dancing shoes with flamenco workshops and carnival inspired fun.
Hone your jungle survival skills by learning to shoot a blow pipe. You may even come face to face with a digeridoo player!
Plus music, crafts and fantastical story telling.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan - Love Nature
Connect with the wonderful world of nature this half term (16th-24th) at The Lost Gardens in an uplifting event, designed to inspire your creativity and enjoyment of the natural world. Join Robin Redbreast on his search for his lost nest! Adventure around the gardens and use your senses to help reunite our dear friend the robin with his home. ‘Get twitching’ in the Hide and enjoy some close-up views of Heligan’s birdlife, before stopping at the Steward’s House to make some tasty treats for your feathered friends and pop into the barn and decorate a colourful small paper bird.
Pendennis Castle – February Half Term Activities
Castle Quest from 16 – 24 February 2019- Take your family on a castle adventure to celebrate the release of the new film The Kid Who Would Be King. Join Merlin, Alex and his band of knights on an epic quest to save England from an evil medieval menace. Track down questions across the castle – and answer them to claim your royal reward.
Training the Troops – 18 -22 February 2019 - Step back to the time of the Second World War and join the castle’s Drill Sergeant to be put through your paces in the castle obstacle course. Crawl through tunnels, walk the plank and see if you have what it takes to defend a castle in this lively activity the whole family can compete in.
South West Lake Trust
Siblyback Lake is located on the edge of Bodmin Moor. Surrounded by moorland and dramatic tors, this impressive lakeside location offers a great day out for families in Cornwall. Discover all of the fun things to do as you walk, run or cycle the 3.2 mile circular path that runs adjacent to the lake, venture through woodlands, build dens, spot birds from the hide and discover Siblyback Dam.
Here are South West Lakes’ top 10 free activities to do this February Half Term with the Kids
1. Go on a mini-beast hunt – why not have a competition to see who can find the most snails?
2. Walk a dog (yours or someone else’s if you don’t have one!) – Dogs are brilliant for helping people stay active
3. Make a mud pie, because let’s face it – what child doesn’t love getting covered in mud?
4. Build a bug hotel – because all bugs need somewhere to call home
5. Don’t let a bit of liquid sunshine dampen your day – put on your wellies and jump in some puddles
6. Enjoy a bike ride and explore the lakes on 2 wheels
7. Go pond dipping and see what little critters you can spot
8. Go wild in our woodland and build your very own den from nature
9. Skim stones. Can you beat the world record of 88 consecutive bounces!?
10. Download our free activity sheets and create your own adventure.