Fowey Hall is committed to the principles of social responsibility, accessibility and sustainability. If you require any further information please call the hotel team on 01726 833 866.
- At Fowey Hall our aim is to make the hotel as accessible as possible for all of our guests.
- Since taking over Fowey Hall, we have constantly updated our commitment to making all of our guests as comfortable as possible.
- We have two bedrooms on the ground floor (Garden Wing) which are accessible with pull cord alarm.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for, as can bedding needs (such as feather or fibre).
- In case of emergency, guests are asked to advise us in advance as to any specific requirements that they may have.
- All bedrooms have a telephone landline in case of emergency.
- We have car parking at the front of the hotel and ask guests to call and advise if they require us to reserve a specific parking space.
- Our staff training is ongoing to improve all knowledge and understanding of disabilities and any other issues, including allergies.
- We operate a water saving policy throughout the hotel.
- Paper waste, cardboard and glass bottles are all recycled.
- We recycle coffee residue and add it to the garden to give some much needed nourishment, and place shredded paper on the compost heap.
- We recycle our organic waste oil and some of our green food waste goes to our chickens in the garden – our staff take home their eggs!
- We reduce our food miles and support local businesses wherever possible by purchasing local products through Niles Bakery, Fish for Thought, Kittows, Camel Valley, Knightor, Treleavens.
- We have a hotel herb garden.
- Energy saving bulbs are used throughout the hotel.
- We employ many local people from Fowey and the surrounding areas. We encourage staff to car share wherever possible – some even take the ferry! We provide staff accommodation for those from a bit further afield who can then walk to work.
- We recommend days out without the car in our Guest Information station.
- We get involved in lots of community events including the up and coming Fowey Mussel Festival where our chef will provide a demonstration, we sponsor the Fowey Festival of Words & Music and the local Fowey regatta and Christmas market.
- We also sponsor the local pre-school weekly fruit and veg box and in return they come and feed the chickens and walk Bramble (our hotel dog)!
- We have also introduced our Family Sundays, giving the community of Fowey a chance to come and visit, use the pool, crèche, zip wire, trampoline and much more.
- Our Guest Gifting Scheme charity is Penheligan’s Friends whom we support with free stays out of season for Cornish charities supporting bereaved children, young people, parents and carers throughout the county and sponsoring Oggy Wax – The Wave Project Pula or Bust Banger Rally challenge 2014.
- 90% fuel efficient boilers have been fitted this year.
- We are accredited by Quality in Cornwall.
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We will periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided but you will have the ability to opt out at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You can request a copy of any information that we hold about you at any time, and ask us to correct that information if it is inaccurate. To view any information you have disclosed, contact Fowey Hall Hotel, Hanson Drive, Fowey, Cornwall, PL23 1ET. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.