We’re committed to operating in a way that is socially responsible, accessible and sustainable. If you would like any more information, please call the hotel team on 01726 833 866.
- At Fowey Hall, we aim to make the hotel as accessible and comfortable as possible for all of our guests.
- We have two bedrooms on the ground floor (Garden Wing), which are accessible, with pull cord alarms. One has a fully fitted wet room and both enjoy direct access onto the garden.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for, as can bedding needs (such as feather or fibre).
- In case of emergency, guests are asked to advise us in advance as to any specific requirements that they may have.
- All bedrooms have a telephone landline in case of an emergency.
- We have car parking at the front of the hotel and ask guests to call and advise if they require us to reserve a specific parking space.
- Our staff training is ongoing to improve all knowledge and understanding of disabilities and any other issues, including allergies.
- We operate a water-saving policy throughout the hotel.
- Paper waste, cardboard and glass bottles are all recycled, as is our organic waste oil.
- We have a hotel herb garden, which supplies ingredients for our kitchen throughout the year.
- We reduce our food miles and support local businesses wherever possible by purchasing local products through Niles Bakery, Fish for Thought, Camel Valley, Knightor, and Treleavens.
- Energy-saving bulbs are used throughout the hotel.
- Hotel bedrooms feature bespoke beds and furniture made from sustainably managed or British-grown wood.
- We’ve thought carefully about the environment when sourcing items for the hotel: blankets for the terrace are made from recycled wool, and children’s tableware is organic bamboo, recycled from the waste created in the production of chopsticks.
- We encourage children to be interested in, and to talk about, sustainability and plastic pollution through the work of local artist Stephanie Tudor.
- We employ many local people from Fowey and the surrounding areas. We encourage staff to car share wherever possible – some even take the ferry!
- We recommend days out that don’t require a car in our Guest Information station.
- We support many community events, including the Fowey Festival and the local Fowey Regatta and Christmas market.
- We have also introduced Family Sundays, which give the community of Fowey a chance to come and visit, to use the pool, crèche, play area, and much more.
- The hotel has 90% fuel-efficient boilers.
- We have a POD Point electric car charger on-site.