Fowey Hall is committed to the principles of social responsibility, accessibility and sustainability. If you require any further information please call the hotel team on 01726 833 866.
- At Fowey Hall our aim is to make the hotel as accessible as possible for all of our guests.
- Since taking over Fowey Hall, we have constantly updated our commitment to making all of our guests as comfortable as possible.
- We have two bedrooms on the ground floor (Garden Wing) which are accessible with pull cord alarm.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for, as can bedding needs (such as feather or fibre).
- In case of emergency, guests are asked to advise us in advance as to any specific requirements that they may have.
- All bedrooms have a telephone landline in case of emergency.
- We have car parking at the front of the hotel and ask guests to call and advise if they require us to reserve a specific parking space.
- Our staff training is ongoing to improve all knowledge and understanding of disabilities and any other issues, including allergies.
- We operate a water saving policy throughout the hotel.
- Paper waste, cardboard and glass bottles are all recycled.
- We recycle coffee residue and add it to the garden to give some much needed nourishment, and place shredded paper on the compost heap.
- We recycle our organic waste oil.
- We reduce our food miles and support local businesses wherever possible by purchasing local products through Niles Bakery, Fish for Thought, Kittows, Camel Valley, Knightor, Treleavens.
- We have a hotel herb garden.
- Energy saving bulbs are used throughout the hotel.
- We employ many local people from Fowey and the surrounding areas. We encourage staff to car share wherever possible – some even take the ferry! We provide staff accommodation for those from a bit further afield who can then walk to work.
- We recommend days out without the car in our Guest Information station.
- We get involved in lots of community events including the Fowey Festival of Words & Music and the local Fowey regatta and Christmas market.
- We have also introduced our Family Sundays, giving the community of Fowey a chance to come and visit, use the pool, crèche, zip wire, trampoline and much more.
- 90% fuel efficient boilers have been fitted this year.
- We are accredited by Quality in Cornwall.
- We have POD Point electric-car chargers on-site.